Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Review: Alibi Aficionado: A Gripping and Humorous Mystery Novel Featuring Edwin Burrows

Alibi Aficionado: A Gripping and Humorous Mystery Novel Featuring Edwin Burrows Alibi Aficionado: A Gripping and Humorous Mystery Novel Featuring Edwin Burrows by Harvey Church
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this friggin' book! The fact that this is a debut novel seems preposterous because it is REALLY good! It's hard to write legitimately good humor but Church makes it look like there's nothing to it. This was so much fun to read, I slowed myself down to make it last longer.

Edwin Burrows... where do I start? Talk about lacking a filter! Although that may be my favorite of his attributes. He is hysterically funny with his self depreciating humor. You'll never look at accountant or a man named David the same way again. I couldn't wait to read what he would say or do next. He didn't irritate me once and that's saying something as I'm an irritable gal in general.

Other characters, from the bit parts to the 'also-starring' roles were played to perfection. Without the quirks, whimsy, and idiosyncrasies of Alyson (the ex-Mrs Burrows), Anjun, Ted Danforth, Rachel, Sera with an e or Yannick, everything could have fallen apart. The mystery on it's own was interesting and I wanted answers but the way it came together with these characters in a perfect storm - or novel as the case may be - created a series I am already a huge fan of. Anything else that this author writes goes directly to the top of my To Read list, no questions asked.

View all my reviews