Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review: A Tale of Two Cities

A Tale of Two Cities A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's 10th grade (1994), when my English class is assigned to read one of a small handful of the 'classics'. I chose A Tale of Two Cities for no apparent reason whatsoever. I had been a reader all my life up to that point but this was my first classic book and the first book since Black Beauty that made me feel something. I thought about this story almost every minute that I didn't have my nose in it and I was truly sad when I had finished it.  I loved it but I wasn't really into Beverly Hills 90210 so no shocker there.

The drama, heartbreak, social issues, political unrest, romance and general unease of the whole story had me hooked from the first line. I'll never actually recover from this book.

View all my reviews