Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Review: The Laugh Supper

The Laugh Supper The Laugh Supper by Leonard Ryzman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Laugh Supper is most definitely a departure from the norm. For someone who loved humor, I do not get to read much of it. Based on the synopsis, I expected more originality as far as what each historical figure actually said. I feel like the majority of the conversations were various quotes strung together. It's not that it wasn't funny, it's just that having heard the quotes and jokes before, they lost their punch. It was very clever the way it was all put together, kudos to Ryzman on that part.

I kept thinking that this book was light hearted humor with a splash of intelligence. I mean Leonardo Da Vinci and JFK facing off with Groucho Marx and Mae West? The possibilities were endless. Imagine if we could get the answer about the Mona Lisa. I have about a dozen more topics that I'd like to submit to the author for the characters to spout off about. There must be more of this coming!

The Laugh Supper is a book for the beach or your hoity toity book club.

View all my reviews