Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review: The Hand That Feeds You

The Hand That Feeds You The Hand That Feeds You by A.J. Rich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The book opens with Morgan Prager finding the mauled body of her fiance and her beloved dogs covered in his blood. What follows is a plot that unfolds like a kaleidoscope - just when things look one way the whole picture changes into something else. Can she trust her own memories? Has she ever seen anything the way it truly exists? How much impossibility is actually possible, or worse, reality?

Being a dog lover and rescue volunteer, I felt Morgan's torment over her dogs - Cloud, George, and Chester - and their fate. I especially appreciated the emphasis on the unfair treatment and prejudice against "bully breeds". All of the psychological anecdotes also played very well for me.

This may not be your typical psychological thriller and I loved that about it. A sleeper thriller, I'd call it.

View all my reviews