Friday, July 19, 2019

Review: Thirteen Across

Thirteen Across Thirteen Across by Dan Grant
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If I had stumbled upon the summary of "Thirteen Across" by Dan Grant before I read it, well, I wouldn't have, for fear the entire novel would be as badly written. Of course, having done so, now I can decipher the synopsis, but it leads me to wonder how many potential readers might have passed it up out of sincere confusion.

"Thirteen Across" has been classified genre-wise as a suspense and medical thriller. I think the downright horrifying, unethical experimentation on human beings should be noted, perhaps veiled with a more diplomatic designation such as medical terrorism. It would also sit squarely under action, medical science fiction, and domestic terrorism labels.

Regarding the story, the 411 pages are surely responsible for many chewed fingernails. The plot is intricate, woven just the right way to carry the weight of the content. Characters are developed nicely and dialogue between them is well written. I won't go into more specifics to prevent giving too much away, but my final word on Thirteen Across is - I suggest you read the book.

View all my reviews