Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Review: Humanity's Way Forward

Humanity's Way Forward Humanity's Way Forward by Seth Mullins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Humanity's Way Forward is the third book in the Edge of the Known series by Seth Mullins. I began with book 5, Awaken to the Wilderness, and really enjoyed it. I've never been one to go about things in any sensible order but it's working out for me here.

Here, again, Brandon Chane comes across a bit melodramatic and broody. As much as those characteristics irk me, I can't help but root for him. Given his past, it's hard to hold it against the kid. The way he sees the world, the way he works things out in his head, and the way he relates to the people around him is so interesting. This is a markedly different Brandon than the one I met in Book 5 and it makes me appreciate the progress he apparently makes in two books. Mullins is extremely creative in the way he writes characters. This guy doesn't know one dimensional, and thank the novel gods for that!

The angst of the band members struggling with the climb to the top created a conflict the reader desperately wants to see them come out triumphant. I found the specifics about the music industry fascinating. Humanity's Way Forward is an authentic and humorous read, a nice way to spend an afternoon.

View all my reviews