Thursday, August 17, 2017

Review: The Woman in Cabin 10

The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have had my eye on The Woman in Cabin 10 for a while so when I saw it on my sister-in-law's shelf, I snatched it up. One afternoon by the pool, one nasty sunburn, and a couple of heart attacks later, I'm done!

This novel is really fantastic. Lo is one of those female characters who embodies both an almost irritating weakness and unimaginable strength. Her relationship with Jude in the beginning very nearly set me against her. I've never been a woman who enjoys the hot/cold/love/hate back and forth between love interests. Either you're in or you're out so make up your damn mind and stop jerking each other around. *end of rant*

Despite what I felt was a rough beginning, as soon as Lo hears the splash, it was game on. The mystery of who the woman in cabin 10 was, the motives of the other passengers, who did it, who is in on it, how did the mascara disappear, who snuck in... it almost never ends! And it is fantastic! Even the very last page is another reveal.

View all my reviews