Sunday, September 24, 2017

Review: SMOKE AND TRANQUILLITY

SMOKE AND TRANQUILLITY SMOKE AND TRANQUILLITY by Robert Swann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Smoke and Tranquillity by Robert Swann is titled as book #3 in the Simon Hunter series. I don't like starting a series anywhere but the beginning and I wish I had that opportunity here. From the get go, I felt like Simon Hunter was an alias considering his nefarious past, however, I'm not privy to that information if it were given in previous books. Imagine my delight when I learn his true identity! He is a spy, for lack of a better word, working for both the United States and Britain which in itself deems him an unreliable character. Whatever his official title, he's done some way not nice stuff to people in the past and apparently it's reckoning day for Mr. Hunter. His moral code and hefty taste for justice make Simon Hunter a fierce opponent to those who would try to cross him.

This novel starts out strong with an interesting hook, the points of view were perfect in my opinion, dialogue was succinct and matched well with the pace of the story. I love the way Swann writes. I will be seeking out more of his books in the future.

View all my reviews