Monday, June 10, 2019

Review: The Shiva Syndrome Trilogy: The Mind of Stefan Dürr, the Cosmic Ape, and the Interdimensional Nexus

The Shiva Syndrome Trilogy: The Mind of Stefan Dürr, the Cosmic Ape, and the Interdimensional Nexus The Shiva Syndrome Trilogy: The Mind of Stefan Dürr, the Cosmic Ape, and the Interdimensional Nexus by Alan Joshua
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This is a trilogy, released here as one book, though you can purchase and read them separately if you wish... I admit, I'm very confused as to why the option; if this shouldn't be experienced fully as separate novels, then it should simply be one novel instead of three. Anyway, "The Shiva Syndrome Trilogy" consists of "The Mind of Stefan Dürr," "The Cosmic Ape," and "The Interdimensional Nexus." Alan Joshua gives us nearly 700 pages of science fiction mixed with paranormal cut with psychological thrills and mythology, and then double dipped in social and philosophical dilemmas. There is nothing simple about this story, so much so that it can be quite hard to follow at times. Characters are plentiful, nearly to the point of over-saturating the plot, and never mind that I actually couldn't stand any of them and couldn't possibly care less about what happens to them. I tried to give this a fair chance and I believe I made a good effort. The fault doesn't lie with me. I think this author should go back to the drawing board, take only the bare bones, core concepts, and give this sci-fi idea a brand new lease.

View all my reviews