Friday, December 1, 2017

Review: The Scalian Legacy: Victory Before The War

The Scalian Legacy: Victory Before The War The Scalian Legacy: Victory Before The War by Norbert Monfort
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In general, I will spurn a science fiction book once I see the words aliens or space travel in the summary. That specific sci-fi focus rarely captures my attention, even when written by authors who are brilliant at their craft. The Scalian Legacy by Norbert Monfort snuck up on me and somehow managed to have me furiously turning the pages (or clicking the next arrow as the case may be). So much so that I have my fingers crossed that Monfort brings these characters and the engrossing universe in which they exist on further adventures in the form of a series. That is not a game plan I put forth to an abundance of authors. *Please hear me, Mr. Monfort!

Sit down with plenty of time to read because finding a slow spot to take a break (or sleep) will be a formidable task. Jack's rescue mission turns into an adventure filled with peril and wonder the abundance of rarely exist in any pleasing way in one novel. Truly a thrilling read from beginning to end.

View all my reviews