Friday, December 29, 2017

Review: The Abduction Chronicles

The Abduction Chronicles The Abduction Chronicles by Thomas L. Hay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had the honor of beta reading "The Abduction Chronicles" for author Thomas Hay when he was still contemplating separating Chronicles up into three books. I found the story I read entertaining and creative as it was. Hay's way of crossing the lines of the reality for humans and the questions of what might be out there is quite honestly a breath of fresh literary air. The reader is never truly on top of the story, nor should he be; what fun would that be? Keep in mind that the characters, as off the wall as they may seem, as quirky and quite honestly dumb as they might show themselves to be, serve a purpose you can't yet see. You do not know where this story is going, how it will reach its finality, that much I promise you. Everything that a reader might be thinking is a mistake that is railroading the whole plot, I say to you, just keep reading. It's not what you think, it's better. It's not completely absurd, it's a possible truth if you can let go of the Starbucks world you live in most of the time. "The Abduction Chronicles" is absolutely sci-fi but with a human element that, if you let it, will open your mind. At the very least you'll get hulluva entertaining read out of it!

View all my reviews