Thursday, January 18, 2018

Review: Dawn Of Affinity

Dawn Of Affinity Dawn Of Affinity by V.J. Deanes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In the beginning, where Dawn of Affinity would ultimately fall for me was anyone's guess. Science fiction thriller; a mixture between the genre I stubbornly scorn despite thoroughly enjoying a number of them and the genre I claim dearest to my heart despite the rarity of finding one done well. The science in this fiction is artificial intelligence and the thrill in this thriller is surviving.

Essentially the premise is that eleven years from the year I read the book, a few genetic scientists have gotten too big for their britches and put forth artificial intelligence in cloned human form. Naughty scientists, this type of thing is illegal! Being illegal, of course they are kept a closely guarded secret until, as anticipated, they are found out and all hell breaks loose. What follows is a hair raising, sci-fi adventure, albeit a short one. I didn't mind the quick read but if you fall into this story, I can see wanting more. There were some continuity problems throughout the book that bugged me but overall, this is a solid three stars; I kinda liked it.

View all my reviews