Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Review: Postmodern Deconstruction Madhouse

Postmodern Deconstruction Madhouse Postmodern Deconstruction Madhouse by Peter Quinones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Postmodern Deconstruction Madhouse. I'll be honest, I didn't know what to expect from a book with such a title. I'll be frank when I say what I found was brilliant! Brilliance in short stories is few and far between, rare even, in my experience. I'm going to need to request that this author write a full length novel for me to devour. Is there a form for that?

Some people are foodies. I am a wordie. And so is Peter Quinones, or so it would seem from my vantage point. I think that's what I liked so much about these stories. Yes, the material was interesting, the premises inventive and unforeseen, but it was the way in which he strung together words that created a full color mental picture that sucked this reader in so completely. They say the best writers are the most ferocious readers and I desperately want to know what Quinones has been reading.

The first story here in by far the best, in my opinion. I recognized the style, the stories just didn't grab me the same way.

View all my reviews