Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Review: From Within the Firebird's Nest

From Within the Firebird's Nest From Within the Firebird's Nest by Sheldon Charles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went into Within the Firebird's Nest with a metaphorical eyeroll; spy novels are not my thing. More not my thing? Russian spy novels. Yeah, about that... turns out I have no idea what my 'thing' is because Sheldon Charles wrote a Russian spy novel that I couldn't tear my eyes from. When life demanded that I do so, I was thinking about the characters and what was happening, rushing through chores to get back to the book.

I haven't done any research into the authors expertise when it comes to this subject matter but he wove an intricate tale around everything from the plethora of local and international settings to the numerous creatively complex characters. I wouldn't find myself too surprised to find out his knowledge was far more professional than that of a simple writer. Okay, there's the book getting to me again! I find myself creating diabolical narratives around very benign people and events around me now. Thanks a lot, Charles!

View all my reviews