Monday, May 1, 2017

Review: Another Tribe

Another Tribe Another Tribe by Simon Rumney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am the first to admit that I find a genre I love and stick with it. Historical drama/romance is most certainly not that genre for me. Our Eternal Curse - Another Tribe is just that. Also, it's a good book! I loved Julii. The innocent way she described and experienced things without coming off as an imbecile was fascinating. That she managed to somehow keep a positive state of mind throughout it all is refreshing. It really made you think about the way Native Americans experienced white men. This story drives home the level of prejudice, racism, ignorance, and intolerance that somehow justified the terrible things we did to an entire race of people. I found myself wanting to yell at Julii to just stay away from the white world, to send Robert away because I knew what was coming for her out there. If only her tribe could have stayed untouched by the cruelty of what had surrounded them. Everything after she rides away with Robert comes at you fast and furiously and all you can do it hold on for the ride. Overall the book is brutal, heartbreaking, thrilling and beautiful.

View all my reviews