Sunday, May 21, 2017

Review: Hearing Voices: An Isaac Blaze Thriller

Hearing Voices: An Isaac Blaze Thriller Hearing Voices: An Isaac Blaze Thriller by Axel Cruise
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When a book opens with, "I was about to be tortured", I'm pretty sure I'm in for a good read. If you are a lover of thrills, action, adventure, and suspense, Hearing Voices by Axel Cruise has you covered from beginning to end.

The voices in Isaac's head are an interesting and creative tool in the storytelling, contributing humor and drama to an already intense, fast paced tale. I found the characters to be fully developed in most cases and although there was some graphic violence, it was by no means gratuitous. I, like other readers, noticed some similarities between Isaac and Deadpool. Not being a super hero/comic girl, that humor was all that kept me in front of the screen for Deadpool but it is not what kept me turning the pages on Hearing Voices. It's a book you stay up half the night reading because how could you possibly find a place to pause? I couldn't and now I'm itching to get my hands on the next installment. Mr. Cruise gained a new, loyal reader here.

View all my reviews