Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Review: Blood Science

Blood Science Blood Science by Shelley Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Science fiction has been on my radar in movies and TV for years but somehow hasn't made it's way onto my To Read list. I am going to choose not to judge all sci-fi books by this one. The world Hector shows the reader is fascinating but disturbing. From his mother's and Pop's deaths to snake boys, half dead girls, and human-animal hybrids created in a laboratory... it just felt dark and grimy in a way that weighed a bit too heavily on my heart. For me, the story had a bit too much going on and the outlandish character aspects were hard to fathom, even in the sense of suspended reality needed to read science fiction. That said, I feel guilty dinging the book when really - how much is too much in science fiction? What I don't feel guilty about is dinging for editing and grammar mistakes that I think really should have been caught long before publication.

Perhaps I am not the intended audience for this book and that should be noted here. I have a 13 year old boy who I believe might come to a very different conclusion and I plan on giving him a chance to do a review of his own once he reads it.

View all my reviews