Sunday, May 7, 2017

Review: Awaken to the Wilderness

Awaken to the Wilderness Awaken to the Wilderness by Seth Mullins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book 5 in the series and I have not read books 1-4. I'm not sure what I've missed not having read the previous books but it wasn't so much that I felt completely out of the loop by starting here. Now that I've read this book, I desperately want to go back and read books 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Brandon Chane is his own worst enemy in a lot of ways. Fraught with doubts and insecurity, the gifted young man struggles to navigate the often brutal music business, brittle friendships with his band mates, and the kinship with his Muse in this touching and emotional chapter of his life and career. I found the white (dry-erase) board a particularly creative sounding board for the thoughts and feelings of the band members. The things bared there expose what pursuing and maintaining a successful music career really costs a person. The phrases 'be careful what you wish for' and 'the grass is always greener' come to mind when I think back on the story. What I'm wishing for now is the next book!

View all my reviews