Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Review: Make Your Own Neural Network: An In-depth Visual Introduction For Beginners

Make Your Own Neural Network: An In-depth Visual Introduction For Beginners Make Your Own Neural Network: An In-depth Visual Introduction For Beginners by Michael Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel like I should preface this by saying I am the past person you would find reading a tech book. My husband is the IT guy and I'm happy to leave anything computer/technology related to him. In fact I'm beginning to think that's the secret to our marriage but I digress. Going in a novice, this book still managed to teach me something without making me feel like a fool. The writing is simple and explanatory without being boring. Diagrams throughout the book are surprisingly intelligible and uncomplicated. This is unsurprisingly necessary in a book on a topic as complicated as I find this subject matter. Now my husband read through the book and found it to be too elementary for him to enjoy but that's the difference in our levels of prior knowledge. As he said, I doubt many tech experts would find this on their reading list since it is written as a beginners guide. Serving as a beginners guide, I think it's very well written and full of clear, straight-forward information on the nuances of neural networks. The terms section in the back was especially helpful!

View all my reviews