Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Review: Spoon Knife 2: Test Chamber

Spoon Knife 2: Test Chamber Spoon Knife 2: Test Chamber by Various
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anthologies are beginning to grow on me. I've been a die-hard fan of the traditional novel format almost to the point of feeling like Walt in Gran Torino about anthologies. I think even the anthologie lover will find themselves thrilled with how good this one is. The blurbs attempt to prepare the reader for the elaborate range of subject matter and styles of writing. Having the opportunity to sample such a wide range of authors and types of prose is often underappreciated. Personally, I have never warmed to poetry, yet the poems here at least expose me to some styles I can honestly say I've never come across before. No one ever suffered from too much exposure to literature, right?

There is something in these pages for everyone. Genres include science fiction, drama, thriller, suspense, and tragedy.

Styles include short stories, poetry, and essays.

Topics include transexualism, autism, gender, social norms and deviance, morality, revenge, and murder.

View all my reviews