Monday, October 2, 2017

Review: Willakavillle: Amazing Adventures of Astronomical Awesomeness

Willakavillle: Amazing Adventures of Astronomical Awesomeness Willakavillle: Amazing Adventures of Astronomical Awesomeness by Bald Guy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Willakaville is a collection of zany children's stories by Bald Guy, an alter-ego of the author, Mathew Heinecke. I can see this appealing to a wide range of readers, from young elementary school kids all the way to adults. I play an adult in my daily life and I enjoyed it! Each story is filled with an imaginative kid trying to solve a dilemma and learning valuable lessons through the ordeal. Many have some sort of supernatural aspect to them and all of them are brilliantly written with bright descriptions, whimsical dialogue, and entertainment value to spare. If you know a kid who would find demolishing giant tomatoes, talking turtles, and best of all - a mayo peddler who disappears as he farts - funny, then you have the perfect book for their To Read list.

I see there are more books in this series and I hope the author can continue to bring to life these kind of entertaining, wholesome stories for young readers.

View all my reviews