Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review: Ketogenic Slow Cooker Recipes: Easy & Delicious Cooking for the Keto Diet

Ketogenic Slow Cooker Recipes: Easy & Delicious Cooking for the Keto Diet Ketogenic Slow Cooker Recipes: Easy & Delicious Cooking for the Keto Diet by Charlotte Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ketogenic. That's a word I have grown to loathe nearly as much as I love bread and pasta. Also, I'm not the woman who reads cookbooks for fun. Although perhaps I should because I can cook all of about five things total. So do you understand my dilemma with this cookbook?

All that said, Charlotte Baker had me at slow cooker. If you're going to commit to this type of diet, there's no reason not to make the meal prep as easy as possible and it really doesn't get easier than using a slow cooker. You do, however, have to plan ahead.

This cookbook is full of recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert. The majority of the ingredients are readily available and common which is not always the case with these diet specific recipes. Baker gives the calorie count for each meal as well as carbohydrate and protein amounts. Directions are easy to follow and simple. Overall, this is a must have for those embarking on the keto lifestyle.

View all my reviews