Sunday, November 5, 2017

Review: Pianos and Penance

Pianos and Penance Pianos and Penance by Dan Groat
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dan Groat is back with Gifford Ulrich. Giff is the new Jack Reacher according to many. I, myself, never read the Jack Reacher series so I couldn't say one way or the other. What I can say is that I love me some Giff Ulrich. Just as in Monarchs and Mendicants, someone in Giff's circle is dead, more are being threatened and Giff Ulrich doesn't simply sit around waiting for someone to take care of it. This time he teams up with a computer whiz, a retired police detective, and a buddy from work to reveal the devastating truth that a serial killer is preying on women in the area. Of course he is told by the police working the case to leave the detective work to them but Giff wouldn't dare leave such an important job to the half-wits he sees the police as.

Again, Dan Groat weaves an meticulous tale of murder filled with characters you can't help but love and look forward to seeing in future books.

View all my reviews