Thursday, July 2, 2020

Review: Weight of Shadows

Weight of Shadows Weight of Shadows by Ana Domini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Post-pandemic Washington D.C. might be a setting a little too real world for some of us right now, given the state of things, but "Weight of Shadows" by Ana Domini is thoroughly enjoyable none-the-less. This dark fantasy penned for teens and young adults is as odd as it is fascinating. The world that author Ana Domini describes so vividly is terrifying in a dozen different ways, most of them subtle which is even creepier (once you read the book, you'll get what I did there). The specifics of the plague and its aftermath were fascinating and Mathis as a character brought the whole thing together so well. This isn't just a survival story, it's not just a post-apocalyptic tale, and it's certainly not your average fantasy, dark or otherwise. I never give much of the plot away in my reviews but trust me on this, this plot and its twists are on fire!

Ana Domini is a talented writer, one I am excited to read more from in the future.

View all my reviews