Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Review: Conquering your Stress and Fears: A treatment guide for anxiety and trauma-related disorders

Conquering your Stress and Fears: A treatment guide for anxiety and trauma-related disorders Conquering your Stress and Fears: A treatment guide for anxiety and trauma-related disorders by Gustavo Kinrys MD
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Conquering your Stress and Fears: A Treatment Guide for Anxiety and Trauma-Related Disorders written by Gustavo Kinrys MD is a rather concise yet thorough peek into the self-help sun-genres of dealing with anxiety and overcoming trauma. The chapters are laid out linearly with a simple 'problem and optional remedies' formula. What really made me happy was that those remedies suggested were nutrient-based, herbal-based, and non-pharmacological. Notice no Big Pharma plugged chapters on the easy peasy $84 per pill wonder drug that will surely have the formerly house-bound patient diving into a placid lake full of friends and family three minutes after popping one. I think that is something to be noted, especially from a medical doctor because they are so pressured by pharmaceutical companies.

Overall, I found Conquering Your Stress and Fears a surprisingly all around approach to handling some intense issues in this modern world. Dr. Kinrys provided a no-nonsense, simple guide to assist those suffering.

My favorite part is the dedication: This book is dedicated to my family and my patients and their families from whom I learn so much everyday, and without whom this book would not have been possible.

View all my reviews