Friday, January 25, 2019

Review: Tunnels, Cappuccino, and a Heist

Tunnels, Cappuccino, and a Heist Tunnels, Cappuccino, and a Heist by Michele Bonnell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tunnels, Cappuccino, and a Heist is billed as an international crime thriller by Michele Bonnell. There is also a bit of romance and a paranormal aspect by way of a cursed Egyptian artifact. From St. Louis to Cairo to France, this caper drama is full of vivid descriptions, meaty characters and an enveloping sense of mystery and intrigue, danger and exoticness. Though I think this is a book best perceived by women, there's enough action to keep the macho male readers happy. It's no Tom Clancy novel in that way but I liked that Bonnell so effortlessly brought both traditionally feminine and masculine aspects into Tunnels, Cappuccino, and a Heist.

I found the book to be perfectly paced and the sway of each character on the plot was woven expertly to create the whole atmosphere. My only complaint would be that sticky sweet happy ending. I know, I know, people don't want unhappily ever afters but too nicely tied up feels insincere to me.

View all my reviews