Friday, January 25, 2019

Review: Take My Heart

Take My Heart Take My Heart by J.J. Sorel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you're in the mood for suspended reality and dumbstruck love, Take My Heart is not likely to disappoint you. As is the norm, we have the usual cast of characters; our angelic heroine (Ava), Mr Wrong for Her (Justin) and the misunderstood bad boy who can only be saved by the beguiling damsel (Bronson). This one though, has a hidden gem in the eccentric Aggie, the elderly employer of Ava. I couldn't get enough of Aggie! She is as sophisticated as she is raunchy and as cunning as she is righteous. I think I may beg the author for an Aggie book because that woman is a leading lady if I ever read one.

J.J. Sorel has whipped up an interesting, if somewhat convoluted plot line for this particular romance to spring up from. Any one of the sub plots could have carried Ava and Bronson's story pretty easily. The considerable twists varied from boringly predicable to wildly unrealistic but then again isn't all romance that way?

View all my reviews