Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Review: Beyond Braces: A Consumer's Guide to Orthodontics

Beyond Braces: A Consumer's Guide to Orthodontics Beyond Braces: A Consumer's Guide to Orthodontics by Dr. Kelly Giannetti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having just gone through my oldest child getting braces, this is 120 pages I wish I had access to beforehand. Now that I have, however, that fourteen year old boy will be reading Beyond Braces: A Consumer's Guide to Orthodontics every time I catch him trying to go to bed without properly caring for his braces!

Dr. Kelly Giannetti and Dr. Thais Booms have written a helpful and positive book on the subject for parents and children alike. Everything from prevention to treatment options and aftercare is covered rather thoroughly. Both authors are obviously well respected in their field and care about patients. Horrors and myths are dispelled while cautionary tales are used in a constructive manner. I would recommend this to all of my parent friends if only to simply arm them with useful information.

View all my reviews