Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Review: Cut Reality: A Novel

Cut Reality: A Novel Cut Reality: A Novel by Zack Hacker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

You almost lost me when plastered on the cover is a blurb from Jonny Fairplay of Survivor infamy. God, that guy was a *insert forbidden word*. As it turns out, Cut Reality is a pretty clever mystery novel built around the reality TV craze that started with Survivor. The story line includes Jason's diary entries during game time, which were interesting to read while we are also learning about how he is currently dealing with the after effects of the game, the death of Billy and his ever increasing paranoia surrounding that death and the show. Zach Hacker manages to bring the excitement of reality TV to a fiction novel containing fairly complex characters and weaving a mystery in a psychological manner via Jason. I found that I enjoyed it more than I expected to, though I did think there were parts that got a tad convoluted. Cut Reality is surely a good choice for fans of reality TV.

View all my reviews