Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Review: The Dispatcher

The Dispatcher The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*Audiobook

I'll admit that experiencing a novel via audio only is still very new to me. This is only the second book I've listened to without reading it first. The Dispatcher is an interesting, unique story, however, I am very interested in the origin of the premise on which the story was based - that murdered people 'respawn' 999 times out of 1000 - than the mystery of the missing Dispatcher. The dawn of the phenomenon is explained in a "glossed over" manner but I want to know the story from that point to where The Dispatcher starts. A lot more details and examples would make for a fabulous read/listen.

As for the story here, it is really good. The conclusion is realistic while still keeping the spirit of fiction for entertainment. The narrator, Zachary Quinto, has a soothing but appropriate voice to convey the events of the plot in the way I believe the author intended.


View all my reviews