Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Review: The Darkwater Bride An Audible Original Drama

The Darkwater Bride An Audible Original Drama The Darkwater Bride An Audible Original Drama by Marty Ross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reviewing audiobooks is still new to me but The Darkwater Bride is different in another, brand new way. Here, there are multiple narrators voicing different characters rather than one narrator slightly altering his or her voice to notate characters. Also, this plays as more of an audioplay rather than audiobook - and by that, I mean the narrator doesn't audibly voice "there was a splash", instead you actually hear a splash sound effect. The overall execution is less an audio reading of the book and more an alternate version of the book, in this case a podcast/radio program.

That is not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did. The story was unique, creepy, and ultimately horrific. The voices were pleasant to listen to, even those of the most unpleasant characters. I can say I would recommend The Darkwater Bride to my creep-factor fiction loving friends who are anxious to experience audio storytelling.

View all my reviews