Thursday, February 22, 2018

Review: Chasing Mercury

Chasing Mercury Chasing Mercury by September Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

September Williams brings us Chasing Mercury, the first in The Chasing Mercury Toxic Trilogy. The write up speaks of Swiss bank accounts, the Cold War, and love in the time of mercury poisoning. I was intrigued from the start.

The main characters, Sicily and Forest are young, idealistic dancers from radically different backgrounds. Their developing romance intertwined with world events, cultural differences, and all of the things that could possibly complicate even the most solid relationship makes Chasing Mercury the novel that it is. Beyond romance, readers will be catapulted head long into this world of suspense through international settings and a fast paced plot that really never lets up.

I think that the underlying themes in this book should be highlighted because that is what would really push me to suggest this book to a friend. Romance is all good but environmental issues, social injustice, corruption, and activism are the real pull and the star of Chasing Mercury, in my opinion.

View all my reviews