Thursday, February 22, 2018

Review: Rebecca Steele: Chasing a Dream: A Look Behind the Scenes at the United States Silver Eagles

Rebecca Steele: Chasing a Dream: A Look Behind the Scenes at the United States Silver Eagles Rebecca Steele: Chasing a Dream: A Look Behind the Scenes at the United States Silver Eagles by Joanne Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rebecca Steele: Chasing a Dream: A Look Behind the Scenes at the United States Silver Eagles. What is up with the length of this title? Doesn't matter, because the book is pretty good, I just have to wonder if someone ever thought to suggested an alternate title here.

A novel is made by the characters for me so I shall start there. Becky, our heroine, was just the tiniest bit prudish for my taste. She had some interesting quirks and seemed to possess a brain so the level to which she fell into blind, naive love was a contradiction I didn't completely buy. The Silver Eagle love triangle is rounded out by Johnny and Mike. Now I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but they are the ultimate examples of textbook good guy and bad boy. I found it clear from the start who should have gotten the girl and being that this a 'wholesome' romance, of course it would work out this way. Fringe characters here were just background scenery and lacked any real depth. Even so, they were a part of a decent romance novel.

View all my reviews