Friday, February 2, 2018

Review: He Who Leads Gods

He Who Leads Gods He Who Leads Gods by M.A.N.
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

He Who Leads Gods is a young adult, science fiction, fantasy novel authored by M.A.N. Described as a coming of age story about a boy, Amare, avenging his father's death while leading his clan, He Who Leads Gods is almost exactly what you would expect. The point of view narrative being second person easily threw me. I didn't get really comfortable with it until the book was nearly finished and I must admit I felt irritated by it. It is not done badly but for me, it downgraded the experience. I think technically the novel is fine. I found few errors, characters were sufficiently complex, the story had a decent pace, and the author is clearly a talented writer. The issue is me as a reader. This simply was not my type of book. Aside from being unable to get in the flow of the point of view, I had to work hard to really care what was happening. I can't blame the book or the author here, this time I just couldn't get there where I fell into the story.

View all my reviews