Thursday, February 22, 2018

Review: A Secret Muse

A Secret Muse A Secret Muse by Mandy Jackson-Beverly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mandy Jackson-Beverly is the author of A Secret Muse. It is 300 pages of urban fantasy including vampires and ancient societies and how the woman at the center of it all navigates her reality.

We can be honest and say that vampire stories are a dime a dozen and there are rarely any surprises anymore. In A Secret Muse though, the surprise comes from the bad guys! Finally a plot where those who are evil have an actual reason for being that way and not simply thrust into the role by necessity. If you're going to go paranormal, this is the way to go. I enjoyed the action and the back-story helped to solidify everything nicely. The cliff-hanger, though, I could do without. It is possible to create a series without those kind of cliche pseudo-endings.

Something that really irked me was the many errors here that were so evident. Proofreaders are to authors what diamonds are to girls, if you get my drift.

View all my reviews