Friday, February 22, 2019

Review: Alpha and Omega

Alpha and Omega Alpha and Omega by Robert W Gallant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alpha and Omega is one of a series of five novels by Robert W. Gallant featuring Chesney Barrett and Travis Weld. Chesney is an environmental scientist and Travis is a covert government agent. The two have partnered in the past to bring down some nasty characters so when Chesney finds herself in a quandary during a project in the Smokey Mountains, she appeals to Travis for help.

I have not read any of the other books in the series so this was my first exposure to Chesney and Travis. It took some time for me to warm up to Chesney. When a character is written with so few flaws, I have a habit of discounting their legitimacy. I enjoyed the character of Travis right away. The story was brisk and full of action without being too over the top. I know it's fiction but some level of reality is necessary unless the fiction is science fiction or fantasy. Many authors don't write that way but Gallant did it well.


View all my reviews