Friday, February 22, 2019

Review: Chinatown: Ten Possible Endings...One Way Out Alive

Chinatown: Ten Possible Endings...One Way Out Alive Chinatown: Ten Possible Endings...One Way Out Alive by Charles Hanna
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Create your own story, wow, I haven't read one of these in years! Chinatown: Ten Possible Endings...One Way Out Alive (A Fork in the Road Adventures) is of this type in the fantasy genre. Chinatown is only fifty-eight pages long so it's perfect for a quick read before bed or on a plane. With so many different outcomes, well, ten actually, no two readers will have the same experience. That is true of reading books in general but more so in a choose your own adventure. This, as opposed to others I remember reading, is not targeted toward the younger reader but it still felt juvenile somehow. That could simply be due to the mind set I associate create your own adventures with. Chinatown was, however, entertaining in a superficial sense.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention editing issues. Grammar problems, missing text, incorrect words, misspelled words, etc... Those things make a difference, though admittedly more to me than the average reader.

View all my reviews