Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Review: The Time I'm Given: Six days to make it real

The Time I'm Given: Six days to make it real The Time I'm Given: Six days to make it real by Guy Wheatley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Somehow, The Time I'm Given is not listed under science fiction in the Kindle categories. The sci-fi aspect is the entire premise that the novel is built on, which is obvious even from the summary. Fans of the genre might miss this and what a shame that would be.

There were some editing issues, "all ways" instead of always and "you" where "your" would be the correct word for instance. The "all ways" mistake was all over the book. Missing commas, paragraph long sentences... human editors, people, they can't be replaced by spell check or even the best grammar checking programs.

The Time I'm Given gave me a run for my money when it came to reviewing. I feel like I can't say much without blowing it totally. Zee is Susan who is dead but she's not dead, she's Zee. Zach is the potential love interest but also someone who absolutely cannot be so. I badly want to talk about that but in the interest of not spoiling the whole book for everyone, I'll stop. All of the stars I'm giving are for creativity in terms of the plot.

View all my reviews