Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review: Cthulhu Armageddon

Cthulhu Armageddon Cthulhu Armageddon by C.T. Phipps
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

C.T. Phipps is the author of Cthulhu Armageddon, a clever novel of the western/post apocalyptic/horror genre. Oh, you didn't know there was such a genre? Neither did I. But there are no rules against it in literature so off we go! This is only western in the desert wasteland setting sense but it plays well here anyway. There are some very 'Big Lebowski dream sequence' parts here and there that can start to feel almost too weird and despite my initial aversion to this type of story, I rather liked it. A few of the names are nearly impossible to sound out; talking to you, Cthulhu and Nyarlathotep! That irritated me more than it probably should have but this is my review so I can say what I want. Monsters, aliens, gods, and humans both good and evil leave their mark in this book and it makes for reading that is never dull. I loved the humor the author was able to insert amongst everything else. I would recommend this to a specific group of my friends, for sure.

View all my reviews