Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review: The Gilded Lynx

The Gilded Lynx The Gilded Lynx by Leah Erickson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Gilded Lynx opens up once the trouble has already began but no one is sure exactly what the 'trouble' is quite yet. Daphne is the privileged, fourteen year old daughter of a wealthy CEO, who skips class to wander around town and that is how the reader gets their first glance at what the world in this story is like. I loved the opening and was drawn into the muted chaos right away. I didn't connect to the characters at first as much as I did the state of the world, the apocalyptic abyss everyone fears so much. It certainly was not because the characters were badly written because they weren't but the psychology of people during times of turmoil is a fascination of mine in literature. This book though, goes beyond in terms of the dynamics between human beings and how unthinkable revelations can shock you into a different viewpoint on their whole lives. Leah Erickson is a very talented writer and I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.

View all my reviews